对于任何一所学校的校长来说，第一年都是对学校真正的介绍, its culture, its community, and its aspirations. As the new Head of School, Elizabeth Miller has made developing relationships within the Holy Trinity school community and Brevard community her highest priority. Concurrently, Mrs. Miller will immerse herself in the operations, traditions, and strategic priorities of Holy Trinity. The overarching goal of Mrs. Miller’s first year is to accelerate Holy Trinity’s trajectory and reinforce its reputation as “one of the premier independent schools in the State of Florida for the future.”
The priorities outlined below are informed by the Holy Trinity Strategic Plan 2022-2027 as well as the months of helpful conversation with the Board and its Search Committee from December 2022 to present. 这份文件综合了对奥巴马夫人的希望和期望. Miller’s first year.
评分:在年底有5个评分将分配给9个目标中的每一个. 5 is Top Performer, 4 is Excellent performer, 3 is Meets Expectations, 2是需要改进，1是没有达到期望. Another option for the Board of Trustees can be to rate “unable to measure” in the total summary; however, 日博体育备用应该选择这样一种措施作为例外. Mrs. 米勒致力于在这9个目标中寻求有效的措施.
Achieve progress toward “solidifying Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy’s mission and reputation as the leading preschool-12th grade educational institution in Brevard County and one of the premier independent schools in the state of Florida for the future.”
为了完成这个社区的首要任务. Miller will:
- 记录并提供证据，证明圣三位一体的使命和战略计划, particularly through speeches, letters, and social media.
- Actively participate in FCIS, NAES, CFES和NAIS提供服务，同时就加强董事会治理的研讨会向受托人提供建议
- 审核并丰富内部和外部营销 & communications to broaden the reach of Holy Trinity with a goal to re-connect specific Holy Trinity alumni.
- Ensure that the school’s database becomes functional and richly detailed to provide foundation for future friend-raising and fund-raising initiatives.
- Establish goals and steps of advancement through weekly Executive Leadership meetings and monthly through Board in-person reviews that promote the ultimate creation of the IDEAS Institute by actively planning and fundraising.
2. Works cooperatively with the Board of Trustees and keeps the Board appropriately informed about relevant issues.
为了实现这一领导优先事项. Miller will:
- 努力确保不会让理事会感到意外. Proactively alert the Executive Committee in advance of the monthly status when issues arise which require remediation as appropriate.
- 作为校长，每月及时向董事会汇报最新情况, 强调绩效评估和/或学校面临的潜在风险因素.
- Support collaborative communications channels through HTEA Staff and Leadership in providing inputs to the Board for status of critical project status.
- Seek to include comprehensive summary on progress towards achieving the school’s recently adopted five year strategic plan and monitor its effectiveness to achieve desired outcomes.
3. 采取与发展相关的适当行动, implementation, and consistent enforcement of policy.
为了实现这一治理优先级. Miller will:
- Conduct review of current policies across school domain with emphasis on evaluation of risk management and HTEA’s ability to deliver value and safety to all stakeholders.
- 向领导、教职员工提供反馈，以加强现行政策. 正式制定全面的审查程序，以改进正在进行的HTEA风险管理.
- 与管治委员会紧密合作，检讨和更新董事会的政策, providing appropriate input to ensure consistency and or improved alignment with operational policies.
4. Maintains positive relations with both the HTEA community and community at large while being a visible and welcoming Leader.
- 为了实现这一关系的优先考虑. Miller will:
Meet all constituencies.
- Improve communication, collaboration, 以及代表学校所有职能领域的领导团队的合作.
- Honor Holy Trinity’s Episcopal identity and maintain healthy individual relationships with Vestry members while increasing interaction between Holy Trinity Church and school.
为了完成这一大使的首要任务. Miller will:
- Shadow and /or chaperone as many school trips as practical to witness first-hand the inspiring teachers and coaches who serve as mentor to the HT students.
6. 有效和公平地对待学生, parents, 教职员工——包括那些“不适合”HTEA的人.
为了实现这一领导优先事项. Miller will:
- Proactively reach out to students, parents, faculty and staff to ensure shared understanding of progress or concerns by not tolerating unethical behavior and by establishing high standards of conduct per the student handbook.
- 监督学校的纪律计划, 包括作为与任何学生有关的纪律处分的最终权威, employee or parent concerns, including those of culture fit.
7. Exercise prudent control of HTEA finances.
为了实现可预见的结果优先. Miller will:
- Ensure the financial results are supported through sound foundation of operational performance that positions the school for both near-term and long-term viability to include growth.
- Examine leadership, faculty and staff compensation and benefits to ensure all are competitive and administered equitably.
- Ensure HTEA successfully passes all audits.
To accomplish this people priority, Mrs. Miller will:
- 为领导提供适当和充分的专业发展, faculty and staff in order to maintain relevant teaching methodologies and pedagogies to include use of technology to address a variety of learning styles.
- 制定一个系统的方法来识别, 根据当前和预计的业务目标发展和留住员工.
- Make professional development recommendations to faculty to support improvement in teaching and classroom management.
- Is a role model for diversity and inclusion by seeking out and including diverse opinions and perspectives.
为了完成这一优先决策，奥巴马夫人. Miller will:
- Ensure that decision-making authority is clearly defined and controls are established in the organization.
- 改善与低年级的“连通性”，努力建立一所学校的协同文化. This to be done in conjunction with Board that proactively communicates the Trustees commitment/vision of maintaining the Lower School as a separate (and equal) campus.
- Identify funding to support technology plan while pursuing assessment of usage impact in utilization of technology tools.